- Power Eggs
- 4 jumbo or extra-large organic eggs
- ½ a red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cubed yellow squash
- 4 mini sweet peppers
- 2 cups chopped lacinato kale
- ½ cup frozen wild blueberries (or fresh in season)
- ¼ medium ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Garlic salt and black pepper to taste
Tip: I always de-stem my kale. Some people complain that kale gives them gas and this is usually from the tough fiber in the stem that causes this, so I eliminate it.
Blueberries: Some may find this ingredient strange, but they are hardly noticeable and provide a lot of antioxidants.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok. Add chopped veggies and sauté until they soften to your preference. (About 5-7 minutes for me.)
- About a minute before you add the eggs, add the blueberries, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Add the eggs and gently scramble into the veggies. Cook until the eggs are firm to your liking.
- Slice the avocado, divide power eggs into two equal portions, and plate. Garnish with ½ the avocado on each portion.