DON’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF.
It’s amazing how much our body bears the negative effects of stress in our daily lives. We are pulled in so many directions and have the responsibilities of work, family, and of course our health. How to deal with these?
Start by not sweating the small stuff. It takes practice just like everything else in life, however, it works! Here are a few tips.
- Take a Break from the Stressor - If this means walking away from an argument, then, walk away. If you are overworked, take a break. If you are dealing with a disease or physical illness, address the issue and seek professional guidance.
- Laugh out loud, have fun - Go for a walk for a friend or family member. Have a night out with friends. Take your children to a park or to a movie. Whatever the event may be, make it fun. Laugh. Smile. Relax.
- Exercise - No excuses! Find time, make it a priority and do it! Your life depends on it!
- Eat a healthy balanced diet - There are no excuses here either. We are all busy, running in multiple directions, working full-time, pat-time, college, families, social activities, and more. YOU must prepare ahead of time. YOU must make health a priority. YOU are in control!
- Meditate - When I say "meditate" this means spend time alone. Relax, breath, stay present. Breathing is a must. When you pause and take a few moments throughout the day to breath, clear your mind, and de-stress, you will be amazed how refreshing this feels.